Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No-Knead Honey Whole Wheat Bread

I picked up this recipe over at thisladyshouse.com and tried it out this morning. It's actually really good and really easy! I am not a great bread maker - it seems I always mess something up. But this is right up my alley and I hope to make it a "usual" around our house.

You only have to let it raise once, then you put it in the oven. SO simple that I was really skeptical and thought it would not come out. Well, it did!

Here's the proof! And it tasted good, too. I think I will definitely use this recipe a lot...

No-Knead Honey Whole Wheat Bread

2 heaping Tbls yeast
4 cups warm water
3/4 cup honey
1 can evaporated milk
1 heaping Tbls salt
2 beaten eggs
10 cups whole wheat flour (may substitute white flour up to 5 cups)

In a small bowl, pour water. Add yeast then add honey. Let sit for 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine evaporated milk, salt and eggs. Add yeast mixture and beat with an electric mixer for a minute or two.
One cup at a time, add flour. Let rise until double, about 20 minutes.
Spoon into 3 greased loaf pans. Dough will be consistency of banana bread.
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.

1 comment: