Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Artichoke Cups

Today I am posting an appetizer. Yes, this is something we do at Mi Amor Catering, but I'm sharing with you all because it is so yummy!

Of all the appetizers we do, this is one of my faves. I am more of a savory-snack type person rather than a sweet-snack person, and this hits the spot just right. I really can't stop eating these once I start!

The lemon rind gives a little zing, and the cheese is just a little salty. Perfection!

Artichoke Cups

Makes about 24.

Ingredients:

24 won ton wrappers (or egg roll wrappers, cut into smaller squares)
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 lemon, zested
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1/4 cup mayo
1 clove garlic, minced

Step One.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place won ton wrappers in the cup portion of the tin and press inside, making sure the edges are even. Bake at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove and cool.

Step Two.
Mix artichoke hearts, bell pepper, half the cheeses, lemon zest, parsley, mayo and garlic. Spoon into shells.

Step Three.
Sprinkle each cup with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese melts. Cool and serve.

1 comment: