Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lasagna Casserole

This is an easy way to do lasagna - without the hassle of cooking noodles first and without lasagna noodles!

This is a very rich recipe but oh-so worth it if you only do it once in awhile! It also works well as a prepare-ahead meal that you stick in the freezer. Cover with foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw and cook when you are ready!

I got this recipe after a friend made it for me when I had my second daughter. She brought it one night to help out and I loved it! It took me 6 years to finally get the recipe from her, but I'm glad I did. I've tweaked it a little for my own tastes, and you are welcome to do the same.

Comfort food at its finest!


Lasagna Casserole

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp powdered garlic, or 1 Tbls minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup cottage cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
4 cups egg noodles, dry
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack cheese

Brown ground beef and onions.
In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic and pepper.
In a separate bowl mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and green pepper.
In a 9 x 13 casserole pan layer noodles, sauce, cream mixture, repeat.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment