Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread


The day you receive the 1 cup starter your friend will advise you which day of the instructions to begin.

Note: DO NOT USE METAL BOWL OR SPOON – DO NOT REFRIGERATE

 (Starter: 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour)


Day 1 – Do nothing.
Day 2 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 3 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 4 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 5 – Add: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk
Day 6 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 7 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 8 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 9 – Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 10 – Add: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk
            On Day 10 – Make the Amish Friendship Bread

First, pour off three 1 cup starters. Save one for yourself and give the other 2 to two friends. Put in gallon size Ziploc bags and label day one. Make a copy of these instructions and staple to top of bag.

Pour the remaining batter into a large bowl and add the following ingredients:
1 cup oil
½ cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix and add:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 lg. box instant vanilla pudding mix

Optional:
1 cup nuts, chopped

Pour into well greased and sugared loaf pans.
Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes. (I did 55 minutes here at high altitude)
Cool 10 minutes (longer if glass) before removing from pans.

1 comment:

  1. I made this a bunch last year and everyone loved it! They are begging me to make more :)

    ReplyDelete