Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Twisted Apple Crisp

This is a yummy way to use up all that zucchini you grew this summer...
And your family will never know the difference, REALLY!

In a bowl combine:
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar

½ tsp. cinnamon

½ tsp. salt

Cut in until crumbly:
1 ½ cups cold butter or margarine

Reserve 3 cups in a small bowl.
Pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 X 13” pan.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, for filling, place:
8 – 10 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and cubed
2/3 cup lemon juice

in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook 6 minutes.
Stir in:
1
cup sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

½ tsp. nutmeg

Cover and simmer 5 minutes. (Mixture will be thin.)
Spoon over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until golden.

Top with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment