Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes



I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Manya who made it for us one Thanksgiving. Very rich and very yummy!
I have made it myself a few times but discovered once that you cannot use dried rosemary, it is very pokey and will not soften while cooking.






Wash, peel and cut:
          8 – 10 medium potatoes

Boil until soft.
Put in large bowl and mash.
In separate bowl, cream together:

          8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
          1 cup sour cream
          4 Tblsp. butter
          1 Tblsp. dry Ranch dressing mix
          3-4 garlic cloves, minced
          1 tsp. fresh rosemary (not dried)

Add to potatoes and mix.
Put mix in crock pot.
Heat on low for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment