Thanks for coming to my kitchen!

Most of my chef training came from the training my family has given me as I have learned to cook for some picky eaters and a couple of bottomless pits! It has been a fun journey and I want to share my experiences with you.
My daughter and I own a catering business and have cooked so many delicious things for our clients. Here I am sharing some of our best loved foods - at home and at catering events.
I like to keep things simple, using everyday food but I am a BIG fan of spice! I love hot and spicy stuff!
(Which is why I stay married to my wonderful hubby! LOL)
Try my recipes and let me know how it turns out!
And if you have a moment, check out our catering site to see what we do.
You will find us at: miamorcatering.com
Happy Cooking!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Pineapple Pepper Jelly

This is a great jelly to use for appetizers. Put a little dab of cream cheese on a wheat thin cracker and top with the jelly. A spicy, sweet, tasty treat!

Makes about 8 half-pints.

In a blender, mix:
3 cups pineapple juice
3 -5 jalapeno peppers, cut up
Blend on high until peppers are chopped fine.
Transfer to a large stock pot and turn heat on high.
In a separate bowl, measure:
6.5 cups sugar
then add to pot.

Add:
1 half tsp. butter
(to keep from boiling over)

Bring to a full rolling boil, the kind that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly.

Add:
2 (3 oz) packages liquid fruit pectin

(have these ready to pour and waiting in a bowl)

Bring to a rolling boil again and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat. Skim foam if any.

Ladle into jars, filling to eighth inch from the top.

Process 5 minutes in water bath. (10 minutes more for high altitude)

Cool on towel, upright, until lids are sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment